Duties and Responsibilities – Grants Administrator/Human Resource
The grants administrator’s responsibilities will include reporting and implementing various funding streams. The administrator will also work with
the Executive Director during the planning and writing process in order to
be aware of the uses of potential funding. In all, he/she has the
ability to perform grant program design and implementation, com
pliance and grant reporting. The successful applicant will report to the executie director and will play a leadership role while supervising th
e staff during the impleentation of grant related activities. He/she will work closely with the fund raising team in order to make the grant process work effectively and efficiently. The position requires a methodological and analytical approach to meet such requirements. They also need to provide clear communication of proper rules and regulations for approving grants, its specifications, requirements and objectives across all departments of the organization and the management.
Human Resource administrator will ensure all personnel files are up do date. Will monitor state and Federal employment rules and regulations to ensure that the organization is compliant. Will track, monitor and report employee time cards, vacation time, retirement plan.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Grants Manager
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organization
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Directly involve in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers or coordinators
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Oversee if other grant staff (coordinators, writers and administrators) is complying with their job responsibilities
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization’s progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
- Posses supreme organizational skills
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the organization’s overall business and its objectives
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to the Organization Staff
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet. Proficient in Microsoft office products is essential (Excel, Word, Outlook).
A bachelors degree is preferred or experience that will relate to the position advertised. An understanding of accounting terms and financials is preferred.
This is an hourly position at $15-$20 per hour DOE.
Full time employees receive a retirement package.
Health benefit stipend.
Native preference will be given.
Download application Click here —>Employment application
And send resume’ and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.